Achieving your Athletic Development - Be a Leader
There is no sugar coating it, if you want to be a successful athlete you need to WORK & you need to develop into a LEADER not a follower! You can not afford to settle on mediocrity in any aspect of your development, physical or mental.
As you embark on your success path, don’t let the ‘internet experts’ lead you down an erroneous path. Seek out credible sources and conduct research with the tenacity of writing a college a term paper. Be tenacious in your quest for greatness, focus on the positive and never settle on being ‘just good enough’.
When establishing your goals of becoming a Champion, a leader, and a role model for your community, meet them head on, however do so in an ethical fashion at all times.
Over the next series of articles we will delve deeper into the Nine Rules of Conduct as well as the top 10 Essential Renegade Training Protocols, as developed by Coach John Davies, that are necessary to achieving your athletic development and maturing into a leader. Enjoy -JJ
Rules of Conduct:
b) Adversity is something you overcome. Principles never have a price tag and doing what is right is never wrong.
i) Honour, Commitment and Loyalty. Training Protocols
- You are an athlete and must consider training like one. Understanding the Wheel of Conditioning, you will need to develop all facets of the general athleticism and ensure each ‘spoke’ is of equal skill.
- All training must adhere to the ‘Concepts of Training’, ensuring movement generation is correct and you are able to respond to rapidly changing environments.
- Your training embodies, power, explosiveness and grace. When it comes time to perform, you ‘turn the switch on’ and explode. Do what you do with all your might. Never surrender.
- You are confident, NEVER BOASTFUL but secure that you will overcome every challenge and when ‘knocked down’, you will get back up immediately and keep trying until you excel.
- You wake up at 0500 and perform 50 / 50’s. Not ‘sometimes’ but always and if you have no idea what ‘0500’ is, trust me you will be learning very shortly.
- You lift a weight in your hands with your legs. I know how peculiar that is to visualise but compound movements must be generated with a powerful lower body.
- In compound movements, explode the weight alarmingly fast. Focus intensely, perform the lift, and then relax as you mentally prepare for the next set.
- Olympic Lift’s, with emphasis of Split Snatch and Split Jerk’s are constants with your resistance training along with Bounding and Tumbling.
- You are an example of future generations and even though you may not comprehend, people look up to you for leadership. Ignore athletes who do not understand they are role models and set a higher standard. Show everyone what you are made up, rise above the limitations that society has placed upon you if it has and lead a new generation to greatness with every step you take. Trust me, you have greatness within you. – John Davies
Disclaimer The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of RightCoastPro, or any employee thereof. Examples used within this article are only examples. RightCoastPro is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the authors of this article. JJ Johnston, Renegade Trainer, Founder RightCoastPro, Active Athlete & Coach.
Find JJ on Social Media
Facebook: JJ Johnston
Google+: JJ Johnston